ADMISSION REGULATIONS ONLY FOR SESSION 2021-2026
All the admission regulations are subject to change in case of any change by PMC or any other competent authority.
HBS Medical & Dental college admission portal for admission in MBBS session 2021-2026 and admission in BDS session 2021-2025 is open since July 01, 2021. (www.admissions.hbs.edu.pk)
Eligibility for Admission:
Any candidate seeking admission in HBS Medical and Dental College shall be eligible having fulfilled the following mandatory criteria:
- have passed the MDCAT examination conducted by the National Medical Authority;
- obtained a Higher Secondary School Certificate qualification (“HSSC”) or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan and having obtained total marks of more than 65% therein, or a higher percentage as may be notified by the Medical and Dental Council and
- passed the subjects of biology and chemistry and either physics or mathematics in the examination of the Higher Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent 12th-grade qualification recognized in Pakistan
|F.Sc or equivalent exam total marks
||65% or above
||65% or above
ATTENTION! Considering the COVID situation, as per new regulation 2021 of PMC and ministry of education, only science subject marks shall be considered for the purpose of merit.
Weightage: MDCAT = 25%, *FSc or equivalent exam = 50%, Interview to be conducted by HBS Medical & Dental College = 25%.
- *Merit calculations for 50% weightage of FSc or equivalent exam shall ONLY include science elective subjects i.e., Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics.
- HBS shall make no distinction in terms of merit between a Pakistani or foreign student.
|F.Sc or equivalent exam
||50% (Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics only)
- Candidate shall provide/upload on admission portal MDCAT result and FSc results prior to December 10, 2021 by paying fee of rupees 1,000/-.
- MDCAT marks shall carry a 25% and FSC marks shall carry 50% weightage.
- Admissions to Medical and Dental program shall be conducted separately and each student is required to apply separately to a Medical or Dental program. A student having not applied to a given program shall not be entitled to admission to such program.
- A structured interview shall be conducted by HBS Medical & Dental College carrying 25% weightage.
- HBSM&DC shall add the percentage score of FSc (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics only), MDCAT and interview and finalize the total aggregate out of 100% to conclude the final merit of the candidates for the purpose of admission in MBBS/BDS classes of HBSM&DC.
- At the end of interview, 1st merit list shall be posted and candidates will be given 3 days to pay the fees and submit necessary documents.
- 2nd merit list will be posted after the deadline of submission of fees given to selected candidates in 1st merit list, which will consist of candidates from the merit-wise waiting list filling the number of seats got vacated by the candidate who did not submit the fees and documents in due time. The process will continue until all the seats are filled.
- Admission shall be confirmed only after paying the fee before the due date already informed to the students by HBS Medical & Dental College.
- In case of two candidates having exactly the same total marks in final merit list, the candidate having an age older than the other shall be put higher on the merit list.
- Any candidate who does not hold Pakistani nationality shall fall under this category.
- There shall be no separate quota for foreign students. Foreign students shall compete with local students for the purpose of making of merit lists.
- Foreign students shall pay in foreign currency (US Dollars) (Please refer to fee structure page).
- Foreign students must have obtained a minimum of 65% in the FSC or equivalent exam AND have passed the MDCAT exam as prevailing rules of PMC.