Only for session 2020-2025, as per admission regulations (amended 2020-2021 by PMC)
Weightage: MDCAT = 50%, FSC or equivalent exam = 30%, Interview to be conducted by HBS Medical & Dental College = 20%.
1) 65% marks in FSC or equivalent exam with equivalence from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) and 60% of marks in MDCAT is mandatory.
2) After the MDCAT result, PMC shall invite applications on a national level for all private Medical and Dental Colleges. Candidates will have 15 days to apply in an automated admission system by paying rupees 500. The candidate shall provide a preference-wise list of private medical & dental colleges to which he/she seeks to apply for admission. The candidate who does not include HBS Medical & Dental College (HBSM&DC) in the preference wise list on priority will have less chances to appear in the merit list of HBSM&DC provided by PMC to be interviewed for admission in HBSM&DC. MDCAT marks shall carry a 50% and FSC marks shall carry 30% weightage.
3) Based on 80% of the aggregate, PMC shall issue a national merit list for each medical & dental college, which shall include HBSM&DC along with the applicants who had listed the HBS Medical & Dental College in preference wise list and fall in the merit of HBSM&DC.
4) A structured interview [specimen attached here] shall be conducted by HBS Medical & Dental College carrying 20% weightage.
5) HBSM&DC shall add the score of the interview and consolidate with the MDCAT plus FSC based merit aggregate issued by PMC and finalize the total aggregate out of 100% to conclude the final merit of the candidates for the purpose of admission in MBBS/BDS classes of HBSM&DC.
6) HBS Medical & Dental College shall only interview the candidates present in the list provided by the PMC. Admissions shall hopefully be concluded by 15th February 2021.
7) If any seat remains vacant after 15th February 2021, candidates shall be welcomed to apply against the vacant seats within 7 days providing that the candidate name has already appeared in the list provided to any other college by PMC but didn’t obtain admission.
8) Admission shall be confirmed only after paying the fee before the due date already advertised by HBS Medical & Dental College. HBSM&DC shall accommodate the first candidate in waiting in the merit list against the candidate who had been selected but didn’t pay the fees until the due date given.
9) In case of two candidates having exactly the same total marks in final merit list, the candidate having an age older than other shall be put higher on the merit list.
1) Any candidate who does not hold the Pakistani nationality or having dual nationality or is overseas or a non-residential citizen and having obtained HSSC OR equivalent qualification from outside Pakistan shall fall under this category.
2) There shall be no separate quota for foreign students. Foreign students shall compete with local students for the purpose of making of merit lists.
3) Foreign students shall pay in foreign currency (US Dollars) (Please refer to fee structure page).
4) Foreign students must have obtained a minimum of 65% in the FSC or equivalent exam AND have acquired 60% in the MDCAT exam OR more than 60% in each of the SAT-II subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Maths.
5) Weightage to calculate the total marks of SAT-II is Biology 40%, Chemistry 35% and Physics/Math 25%.